Location: Home based
Workplace type: Hybrid
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our fast-growing company.
Our focus is telecom and operational technology solutions across the energy, utility and public sectors. Our projects provide interesting and varied work across the disciplines of microwave radio, VHF/UHF, ALL IP modernisation programmes, SCADA, satellite as well as safety systems such as CCTV, PAGA, navigation and weather systems.
A typical smaller project might be a microwave radio deployment for an offshore facility anywhere in the world, larger ones might be a full topside comms package for an offshore wind facility or a SCADA programme for a power, gas or water utility operator.
We have our own in-house project engineering team and also our own in-house field engineering team and so you will be working with a brilliant in-house team.
The role can be home-based with occasional meetings at our Solihull, West Midlands HQ.
Our culture is based on the delivery of a quality engineering-led solution for the customer.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of all projects undertaken by MMX.
The Senior Project Manager is assisted by and responsible for the Junior / Trainee Project Manager.
As a Senior Project Manager, the role holder will be responsible for carrying out the financial and technical implementation of multiple projects from concept to completion ensuring that assigned projects are completed on time, within scope, to appropriate quality standards and within budget.
The role holder will offer pre-sales support to business development as required and implementation of allocated projects on receipt from sales handovers through to customer acceptance in line with the MMX project management process.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Overall responsibility for customer engagement representing the client’s and MMX’s interests during all phases of a project in a fair and equitable manner
- Overall responsibility for commercial delivery of the project in line with profit margin expectations
- Overall management of the change control process
- To manage purchasing activity so that costs are controlled appropriately; actual purchase orders and supplier liaison are conducted by the PE coordinator
- To manage projects in line with generally accepted project management methodologies ie management of RAID (Risk/ Assumption/ Issues/ Dependencies)
- Responsible for all aspects of the project management process such as agreeing and documenting project objectives, providing advice, organising resources, monitoring time and carrying out the approval of risk assessments and method statements
- Clarifying and communicating customer requirements, issues, and escalations internally and managing the identification of problems and providing solutions through route cause analysis to a satisfactory conclusion including the implementation of resolution plans
- Keep in regular contact with clients or senior stakeholders on progress and make sure that expectations are managed
- Monitor sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
- Fully understand the MMX business and be an ambassador of MMX by undertaking a professional approach in relation to promoting the MMX brand
- Ensuring plans are in place to guarantee agreed customer requirements are delivered on time
- Providing support to sales in the preparation of bids and preparing quotations
- Responsible for change management and ensuring all internal processes are captured, reviewed, and disseminated in line with customer contracts and policies through direct liaison with internal operations managers
- Facilitating the identification of areas for service improvement and innovation
- Evaluate the success of the project against its benchmarking and sharing lessons or best practice with other project managers
- Act as a technology interface with both customer and internal staff, able to engage with both at a detailed technical level
- Liaise with MMX field operations to ensure installation and commissioning phases of projects are resourced appropriately through participation in resource meetings with field operations to ensure current and future project resourcing is met
- Manage the day-to-day resourcing issues relating to on-site installation and commissioning of our products and services
- Recognise the strengths and weaknesses of team members and ratify their use appropriately
- Delegate or carry out personally project engineering tasks as required by assigned project(s)
- Produce project documentation to a standard as required by the customer
- Ensure that team members are furnished with the appropriate documentation for them to undertake their tasks, including but not limited to: work orders, method statements and risk assessments, test, commissioning and acceptance specifications, site access permits and permits to work, workpacks, and handover documentation
- Assist business development staff with technical design solutions and statements of compliance in response to customer specifications
- Provide monthly reports on project and commercial delivery
- Attend quarterly company project management review meetings
- Planning for onward delivery of customer goods and installation materials to field staff
- Management of monthly order cover for contracted volumes and adhoc out of scope activities
- Management of project accounting, costing and invoicing across projects in conjunction with finance
- Provide adhoc reports as requested by our MD
- Assist with coaching and guiding the Junior Project Manager
- Any other reasonable duties within the capability of the individual
- Interface with other internal departments as required ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and quality of process
- Responsible for personal Health and Safety and operating in a manner that is safe personally and for others
- Follow all of the company’s policies and procedures including but not limited to quality, health and safety, environment and information security
- The role is also expected to perform any reasonable requests that are not defined but in the ability of the individual
In return, we offer a competitive salary and career development opportunities. A generous list of company benefits including 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), hybrid working, company pension, free parking, social events, plus free refreshments!
How to apply
If you have the skills and experience needed for this role, we want to hear from you. Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your package expectations for consideration to email@example.com.